In the end, the best place to turn to was my team. First, I met with Jeremy. From our meeting, I learned that (1) I need to have a goal, in general and for each screen and (2) once I know the purpose of the screen, I need to think of the logistics behind it. For example, if I have an icon that says "my meds," behind that will be the types of meds, behind that the prescription, dosage, duration, etc.
Building an app is like peeling back an onion. You see the onion and you know that you want it for a reason. Maybe you want the stinging taste, maybe your body is craving the compact-power-packed vitamin C. You are looking at this onion because you want something from it. But all you see is the first layer. Behind each layer is more and more onion, more layers that form that which is the onion.
The same applies to an app. You are looking at the app because you want something from the app. You want to gain something, whether it be info, progress tracking, etc. All that the patient sees when they look at the app is the top layer of the onion. We, on the other hand, are creating all of the layers. But, we start with the first layer, and work our way back. We begin with a function, then add details, then add details to those details...you get the point.
BUT, the home screen has been a street that I've been steering away from. I was focusing on building the app icon-by-icon. But, I have to build it as if I'm peeling back an onion...I have to start with the big picture, then add the details.
I went to see Dr. Atreja right after my meeting with Jeremy. We discussed the basic functions of the app and everything that I should include in it.
The top two things:
1. Tracking HCV RNA/viral load
2. Patient info (genotype, medicaitons, doc profile, etc)
This meeting was very helpful because it gives me a starting block for Friday.